The MA in Management (MAM) is a fast-track degree that equips students with essential management knowledge as well as specialized training in a functional area. The program is designed for the recent college graduate or early to mid-career professionals who are looking to expand their competencies in management and business practices. After completing the degree and gaining additional work experience, graduates/alumni have the option of returning within five (5) years to earn a Drucker MBA – with MAM work applied in part toward the MBA.
Admission requirements are detailed in the Admission section of the Bulletin.
The MA in Management (MAM) is a flexible program that can be completed in 2-3 semesters on a full-time basis or 4-5 semesters on a part-time basis.
MA Management Unit Breakdown
The Master of Arts in Management (MAM) degree program consists of 32 semester units.
- Business Analytics I (4 units)
- Organizational Behavior I (2 units)
- Financial Accounting (4 units)
- Either Drucker Philosophy or Marketing Management (2 units)
MAM students are strongly encouraged to earn one of the four concentrations below to direct their studies and align with their professional goals. Each 16-unit concentration consists of 12 units of approved electives in the subject area and Applied Interdisciplinary Strategy (4 units).
- Information Technology Management (12 units of IT courses + Applied Interdisciplinary Strategy)
- Leadership (12 units of leadership courses + Applied Interdisciplinary Strategy)
- Marketing (8 units of marketing courses + Marketing Research and Applied Interdisciplinary Strategy)
- Supply Chain* (4 units of supply chain courses + Business Analytics II, Global Supply Chain and Applied Interdisciplinary Strategy)
*Students completing supply chain must take Operations Management as well.
All other elective units are general and may be selected from management offerings or up to 4 units from courses in other departments.
University Policies. University policies detailed in the Academic Policies section of the Bulletin apply.