[DRAFT] 2024-2025 Bulletin: Policies and General Information 
    Jul 13, 2024  
[DRAFT] 2024-2025 Bulletin: Policies and General Information

Resolution Process

Claremont Graduate University is committed to providing a valued learning experience for our students and we appreciate the opportunity to enhance that experience. Should an issue be brought to our attention, CGU will take appropriate action to seek resolution.  Students are encouraged to pursue our internal resolution process for any complaints before contacting external state sources for resolution.

CGU students are encouraged to first speak to their faculty member if they have an academic issue. If an issue cannot be resolved at that level, a student may contact the academic department for information on how to proceed. The Grievance Policy is located in the University Policies  section of this Bulletin.

If the issue involves an allegation of academic dishonesty, please review the Academic Integrity  policy located in the Academic Policies section of this Bulletin.

If an issue submitted to CGU by a student is unresolved and involves a complaint arising under State laws, the student may contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) at:

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: (916) 431-6959
FAX: (916) 263-1897

Students have the right to contact higher education regulatory agencies or an accrediting agency for specific issues. 

CGU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).  Questions about CGU’s compliance with criteria for accreditation can be directed to:  https://www.wscuc.org/comments

For students who are residents of states outside of California, consumer inquiries also may be directed to the following consumer protection agencies.

Consumer Protection Agencies


Arizona Attorney General
Address: 1275 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2926
Phone: 602-542-5025
Website: https://www.azag.gov/contact-us


Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: 916.431.6959
Website: http://www.bppe.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml

Complaint Form: https://www.bppe.ca.gov/enforcement/complaint.shtml


Colorado Department of Higher Education
Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-866-2723
Website: http://highered.colorado.gov/DHE/contact.html


Connecticut Office of Higher Education
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105-2326
Phone: 860.947.1800
Website: http://www.ctohe.org/
Complaint Form: http://www.ctohe.org/StudentComplaints.shtml



Delaware Higher Education Office
John G. Townsend Building, Suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: 302-735-4120
Website: dheo@doe.k12.de.us


Delaware Attorney General

Consumer Protection Unit
Carvel State Office Building
820 N. French Street, 5th Floor
Wilmington, DE 19810
Phone: 302-577-8600


District of Columbia

Note: The Higher Education Licensure Commission is the agency of last resort in the CGU Resolution Process.

Office of the State Superintendent of Education
Higher Education Licensure Commission
1050 First St. NE, Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: 202-727-6436
Website: https://osse.dc.gov/service/higher-education-licensure-commission-helc-public-complaints
Complaint Form: https://osse.dc.gov/service/higher-education-licensure-commission-helc-public-complaints


Commission for Independent Education
Address: 325 W Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
Phone: 850-245-3200
Website: https://prod.flbog.net:4445/pls/apex/f?p=128:5:11870167740605
Complaint Form: http://www.flbog.edu/contact/_doc/ComplaintFormRevisedFinal.pdf


Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 E. Exchange Place, #220
Tucker, GA 30084-5334
Phone: 770-414-3306
Website: https://gnpec.georgia.gov/student-complaints
Complaint Form: https://gnpec.georgia.gov/student-complaint-form   



Hawaii Postsecondary Education Authorization Program
P.O. Box 541
Honolulu, HI 96809
Phone: 808-586-7327
Website: http://cca.hawaii.gov/hpeap/    
Complaint Form: http://cca.hawaii.gov/hpeap/student-complaint-process/



Idaho State Board of Education
Attn: State Coordinator for Private Colleges and Proprietary Schools
650 West State Street, P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037
Phone: 208-332-1587
Website: http://www.boardofed.idaho.gov/index.asp    
Complaint Form:  https://boardofed.idaho.gov/higher-education-private/proprietary-schools-non-degree-granting/student-complaint-procedures/


Illinois Board of Higher Education
Address: 431 East Adams Street, Second Floor
Springfield, IL 62701
Phone: 217-782-2551
Website: http://www.ibhe.org/contactUs.htm


Indiana Commission for Higher Education
101 W. Ohio Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204-4206
Phone: 317-232-1033
Website: http://www.in.gov/che/2744.htm   
Complaint Form: https://www.in.gov/che/files/161116_ICHE_StudentComplaintForm.pdf



Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., #320
Frankfort, KY 40601-7512
Phone: 502-573-1555
Website: http://cpe.ky.gov/policies/licensure.html


Kentucky Office of the Attorney General
Capitol Suite 178
700 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601-3449
Phone: 502-696-5389
Complaint Form: https://ag.ky.gov/consumer-protection/complaints/Pages/default.aspx



Louisiana Board of Regents
P.O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677
Phone: 225-342-4253
Website: http://www.regents.la.gov/subhome/institutional-licensure  


Louisiana Attorney General Office, Consumer Protection Section

P.O. Box 94005
Baton Rouge, LA 70804
Phone: 225-326-6465
Complaint Form: http://www.ag.state.la.us/Complaint.aspx?articleID=16&catID=15



Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 North Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore MD 21201
Phone: 410-767-3388
Website: https://mhec.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Process: https://mhec.maryland.gov/institutions_training/Pages/career/pcs/complaint.aspx
Complaint Form: https://mhec.maryland.gov/institutions_training/Documents/acadaff/MHECStudentComplaintForms.pdf

Maryland Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division

200 St. Paul Place
Baltimore MD 21202
Phone: 410-528-8662
Website: http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/complaint.htm 



Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
P.O. Box 30004
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-9223
Website: https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61343_35414_60647_2739—,00.html
Complaint Form: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/LCE-992_0715_494884_7.pdf?20150901092906



Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
Phone: 601-432-6372
Website: http://www.mississippi.edu/mcca/
Complaint Form: http://www.mississippi.edu/mcca/downloads/studentcomplaintform.pdf



Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: 402-471-0030
Website: https://ccpe.nebraska.gov/  

Nebraska Attorney General

Consumer Protection Division
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: 800-727-6432
Complaint Form: https://protectthegoodlife.nebraska.gov/file-consumer-complaint


New Hampshire

New Hampshire Department of Education – Division of Higher Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH  03301
Phone: 603-271-2695
Website:  http://www.education.nh.gov/highered/  


Commission of Postsecondary Education
Address: 8778 South Maryland Parkway Suite 115
Las Vegas, Nevada  89123
Phone: 702-486-7330
Website: http://cpe.nv.gov/

New Jersey

New Jersey Office of Secretary of Higher Education
20 West State Street
4th floor, PO Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625-0542
Phone: 609-984-3738
Website:  https://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/
Complaint Form: https://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/documents/pdf/OSHEComplaintForm.pdf


New York

Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 960 EBA
Albany, NY  12234
Phone:  518: 474-1551
Website: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/spr/COMPLAINTFORMINFO.html
Complaint Form: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/ocue/spr/documents/complaintform-accessible.pdf



Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: 405-225-9142
Website: https://www.okhighered.org/state-system/
Complaint Form:http://www.okhighered.org/current-college-students/complaints.shtml


Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Unit

Attn:  Investigative Analyst
313 NE 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Complaint Form: http://www.oag.ok.gov/consumer-protection-unit1  



Higher Education Coordinating Commission
ATTN:  Office of Degree Authorization
3225 25th Street SE
Salem, OR 97302
Phone:  503-947-5751
Website: https://www.oregon.gov/highered/institutions-programs/private/Pages/office-degree-authorization.aspx
Complaint Form: https://www.oregon.gov/highered/about/Pages/complaints.aspx


Pennsylvania Department of Education - Postsecondary and Adult Education
333 Market Street, 12th Fl
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Phone: 717.783.8228
Fax: 717.722.3622
Websites: ra-collunivseminfo@pa.gov
Complaint Form: https://www.education.pa.gov/Documents/Postsecondary-Adult/College%20and%20Career%20Education/Colleges%20and%20Universities/Higher%20Education%20Complaint%20Form.pdf


South Carolina

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: 803-737-3918
Website: http://www.che.sc.gov/  
Complaint Form: http://www.che.sc.gov/CHE_Docs/academicaffairs/license/Complaint_Procedures_and_Form.pdf


South Dakota

South Dakota Secretary of State – Postsecondary Education
State Capitol
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Phone: 803-737-3918
Website: https://sdsos.gov/general-information/postsecondary-education/default.aspx  

South Dakota Office of Attorney General, Division of Consumer Protection

1302 E. Highway 14, Suite 3
Pierre, SD 57501-8053
Complaint Form: http://consumer.sd.gov/complaintform.aspx   



Higher Education Commission, Division of Postsecondary State Authorization
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: 615-253-8857
Website: https://www.tn.gov/thec/bureaus/student-aid-and-compliance/postsecondary-state-authorization.html
Complaint Form: https://www.tn.gov/thec/bureaus/student-aid-and-compliance/postsecondary-state-authorization/request-for-complaint-review.html   


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Academic Affairs and Research
Address: 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 - P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711-2788
Phone: 512-427-6101
Website: www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=AC6FA0BC-F5DB-16DE-6B667C083DFB5B98


Utah Division of Consumer Protection
Address: 160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor
PO Box 146704
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6704
Phone: 801-530-6601
Website: http://www.dcp.utah.gov/consumerinfo/
Complaint Form: http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html


Vermont Agency of Education
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05620-2501
Phone: 802-479-8545
Website: http://education.vermont.gov/vermont-schools/school-operations/post-secondary-programs

Vermont Attorney General’s Office

109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001


Virginia State Council of Higher Education
101 N. 14th St. James Monroe Building
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: 804.371.2285
Website: http://www.schev.edu/
Complaint Form: http://www.schev.edu/index/students-and-parents/resources/student-complaints


Washington State Office of the Attorney General
Address: 1125 Washington St SE
P.O. Box 40100
Olympia, WA 98504-0100
Phone: 360-753-6200
Website: http://www.atg.wa.gov/file-complaint#Complaint

West Virginia

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd E., Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301-2800
Phone: 304-558-0262
Website:  http://www.wvhepc.com/


West Virginia Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division

PO Box 1789
Charleston, WV 25326-1789
Complaint Form: https://www.wvhepc.org/resources/Complaint_Process.pdf



Guam Council on Post-Secondary Institution Certification
312 Aspinall Avenue
Hagatna, GU 96910
No consumer complaint process developed yet


U.S. Virgin Islands

University of the Virgin Islands Board
Government of the United States Virgin Islands Department of Education
Office of the Commissioner
1834 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, V.I. 00802
Phone: 340-693-1200